Tuesday 11 March 2014

Evaulation Question 5 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This is my recreation of the Memento Opening title sequence, accompanied by a few screen shots of my preliminary task and my opening title sequence 'Vindicate'.








I have put these videos and images to highlight the ways in which I have used pieces of equipment to film each video. These include, an edit suite full of computers, with advanced editing software like Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro. I filmed the Memento recreation with a canon camcorder Legria and then I progressed onto using the 700D camera for the final opening sequence, which enabled me to change lenses, alter focus, change the aperture, ASA rating and exposure of my shots. This therefore made the final opening title sequence look a lot more advanced in the progression from preliminary task to memento exercise to final opening seuqence. I also used a 700D camera, tri-pods, and particular types of lighting, to film the media product. By becoming more competent in these areas, it is clear to see how the quality of each piece of work has improved over time. In the preliminary task, there was very few editing techniques used, and we were only just getting to know how to film a few editing techniques like match on action, and shot reverse shot. While in the opening title sequence, there is a range of editing techniques used such as a fade transition, parallel editing,  fast and slow paced cuts, along with a variety of camera shot types including low angle shots, reaction shots, medium shots, long shots and point of view shots.

I also incorporated sound into my opening title sequence. We did a sound workshop, in order to make sure that the sequence had a multi layered sound track, in order for it to feel more realistic and dramatic. We used a range of equipment to record sound, including microphones, and many more pieces of equipment in order to create particular sounds like foot steps and doors shutting. I used the school blogger website and the KLS Media  twitter apge to aid my progress towards the sequence.
I also used ICT software such as Photoshop to create a production company title, Skype to have a phone call with a BAFTA nominated editor, Michael Harrowes. The phone call with the editor was extremely use full as he told me that you should not be afraid to cut to cut a lot of film away from a film, as long as it created the correct atmosphere through its pace. We incorporated this in our opening title sequence by ensuring that we had a large quantity of fast paced cuts to create a feeling of urgency and anxiousness. I also conducted a larger amount of my time into research as development on online websites like Pinterest, Prezi and Youtube. I used Youtube and Pinterest to look at what other people had done for their opening title sequence, and to see where they had made mistakes, to avoid making them ourselves. Furthermore, I put the sequence  on Facebook to receive feedback on what people thought of my opening title sequence, and how they thought that I could improve my opening title sequence for the final piece.







No comments:

Post a Comment