Thursday 30 January 2014

My contribution to pre production and Construction of the opening title sequence

When planning the pre production of my groups opening title sequence, we decided to divide the work up into improve the overall quality of our pre production work. I was responsible for the treatment of our film. i was assigned this section of the pre production work as it was the one that required the most amount of information,  it described the entire story that our opening title sequence would be part of. As well as doing this, I also went to the effort of heading into Hemel Hempstead town centre, to film a possible location to film our opening title sequence, as the member who was assigned this role, was having difficulties finding a suitable location. In the end we decided not to use this location due to the fact that it would be illegal to point weaponry at the public without informing them. However it still remains as a useful comparison to the actual location that we used to film our opening title sequence.

In the opening title sequence its self, I acted as an assassin, providing an unexpected twist to the sequence. However, I was responsible for all of the camerawork. This meant that I was responsible for deciding on how a particular scene should be shot, and weather it should consist of high shots, low shots, close ups, long shots, and pans, along with many other types of shots. This meant that I had a crucial role in how certain characters are portrayed in a strong, powerful way or a weak, vulnerable way.

In the sequence, I am listed as: 'Starring',  'Filed By', and 'Executive Porducer'. I was chosen to be the executive producer because i was involved on the entire production of the sequence. This meant that I was in charge of how the overall production of the film from how the weapons looked, to how the characters should look in close ups.

I was also helped edit the title sequence. I definitely can not take all the credit for this as the orignal base sequence was made by Fateh Khaled, and a lot of the editing transitions like fades and dissolves were done by Jeremy Cannock. However, i did edit all the Foley and lip syncing into the title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment